– Ask Cheryl – Invited but Barely Know the Couple, Do I Still Need to Give a Wedding Gift?
August 16, 2016
Today’s question comes from a reader who feels she has an out when it comes to the etiquette rule that you should send a gift if you are invited to the wedding, and I might agree . . . Hi Cheryl, My husband and I recently received invitations to two weddings from couples we hardly know. We […]
– AskCheryl – As Friend & Officiant, Do I Need to Give a Wedding Gift?
June 21, 2016
Should a friend that has offered to be the wedding officiant also give a wedding gift? Hi Cheryl! I was really pleased to find your article and information on Huffington Post. I have a question about an upcoming wedding I am going to be a part of as an officiant. (I apologize for the long […]
– Ask Cheryl – Since I’m Spending so Much Being in the Wedding am I Required to Give a Gift?
March 14, 2016
Dear Cheryl, I live in California and I’m going to be in a wedding for a friend that’s getting married in Vermont. Since I’m spending close to $1000 on everything for the wedding, am I required to give a gift? I’m already spending so much that I don’t know how much I’d be able to […]
– Ask Cheryl – Our Daughter is the Flower Girl, Do We Still Give a Wedding Gift?
October 5, 2015
Hi Cheryl, My daughter was asked to be the flower girl in my cousin’s wedding. What is proper etiquette for gift giving? We have the expense of the dress, shoes and hair as well. We also have to drive out of town for the wedding and have the added expense of a night in the […]
– Ask Cheryl – To Send a Gift or Not to Send a Gift?
August 25, 2015
This reader questions if she should send a wedding gift to someone with whom she no longer has a relationship. Find out the answer below . . . Hi Cheryl, I just finished reading your Huffington Post article “How Long Do I Have to Send a Wedding Gift?” Great advice! I have a situation that I’m really struggling […]
– AskCheryl – How Much Should I Spend on a Wedding Gift? NEW Q&As
August 11, 2015
In June, I published an article in the Huffington Post Weddings section titled, “How Much Should I Spend on a Wedding Gift.” It seems that many people wanted more specifics so I wanted to share two of the follow-up questions. They are different questions with similar answers. Dear Cheryl, My fiancé and I are invited […]
– The Huffington Post – How Much Should You Spend on a Wedding Gift?
June 4, 2015
View Article @ The Huffington Post Street
– AskCheryl – How Do I Let Guests Know about My Wedding Registry?
May 11, 2015
This is an often asked, but short and simple question from a reader. Dear Cheryl, How do you let guests know about your registry? – Zena Dear Zena, You ask a very good question which is probably on the minds of many brides and grooms today. But it has a very simple […]