Always a favorite for back-to-college shopping, this summer Target launched a new college registry, making it easy for family and friends to help students outfit their new dorm room or apartment.
Our college-bound guests were looking for an easy way to manage lists and share them with friends and family online,” said Jenna Reck, public relations manager for Target. “When we looked at the registry experience we already offered through the Target Wedding and Target Baby registries, we quickly realized that it was the right solution.”
When it comes to what these students what for their dorm, Target is seeing some strong trends come through this year. Here are some of their favorites.
1. FUNCTIONAL FURNITURE
College students need innovative small-space functionality as well as products that offer great style and an amazing value.
Target’s Room Essentials Folding Bookcase, Room Essentials Folding Desk and Room Essentials Bungee Chair make it easy for students to pack these pieces up and go as they move into their dorm, apartment or home.
2. STYLISH DÉCOR ACCESSORIES
3. LIGHTING ACCENTS
- Untraditional lighting, such as vintage-inspired marquee lights bring in brightness through fashionable décor accessories.
4. GRAY IS THE NEW BLACK
- Gray is the new basic color and can be found in many of Target’s bedding and bath products.
- It pairs well with bright colors, such as citron, purple, hot pink, turquoise, navy and coral.
- Students can now show off their favorite sayings with Target’s assortment of “wordy” design products.
- From an “Amour” sequins pillow to dress up your chair to kitchen products with tasty words like “Yum,” “Use Your Noodle,” “Chillin” and “Drink Up,” Target makes it easy for students to say exactly what they are thinking.
6. UNEXPECTED MIX AND MATCH COLORS
These finds from Target will help you transform a cold and boxy dorm room into a wonderfully cozy temporary home. Create a college registry and save $10 when you spend $50 on bed, bath & decor items (use promo code COLLEGE), and take advantage of Target’s last minute Back-to-College savings.
Remember to tell your friends and family they can always find your most up-to-date registry information at RegistryFinder.com.