Summer is wedding time which means it’s also bridal shower time! We’re back with four of this summer’s hottest bridal shower themes. We’ve gathered delicious recipes and pretty décor ideas that can be effortlessly incorporated into your event. This will allow you to sit back and enjoy the shower alongside your guests and the bride-to-be!
And because we’re all trying to figure out how to navigate parties in the age of Covid, we’ve included some of our best social distancing tips to help ensure the safety of your guests.
Social Distancing Tips When Hosting a Shower:
- Plan your shower around a time of year that the weather will allow you to host the event outdoors.
- Consider cutting down on the amount of people attending the event or host a “drop in” shower which allows you to split your guests in groups and assign a specific time for them to drop by. Be specific in your invitations as to how you will social distance so that your guests can make an informed decision before they RSVP.
- Guests can be confident they are germ free when the food and drinks are served in individual cups. From veggies and dip to dessert cups you will find many creative recipes to accommodate individual servings.
Our Favorite Summer Bridal Shower Themes:
Beautiful Boho Bridal Shower Theme
For the bride with a hippie side, a bohemian themed shower is a great way to give the guest of honor that carefree vibe that she loves!
- Floral crowns can actually be made for the guests and the bride-to-be to wear or they can be used as decor. Hanging from the mantle of a fireplace or multiple ones hanging at different levels from the ceiling will add an extra dimension of detail to the decorations!
- Edible flowers? Who knew? For an unforgettable and unique dessert option, make adult popsicles using your favorite rose wine and a mixture of edible flowers.
- A beautiful spot for taking pictures is a must at every shower. Create a photo backdrop that’s full of texture and romance using pampas grass and macrame galore!
- Wow them with a beautiful table arrangement. Forgo the typical flowers in a vase by making a floral garland for your table. Start with eucalyptus and greenery and add finishing touches by nestling your favorite flowers and candles throughout.
- Treat your guests with a special gift by sending them home with their own mini succulent. Add a little tag with a cute saying like “Watch Love Grow”.
Citrus Delight Bridal Shower Theme
This bridal shower theme comes together quickly and easily thanks to brightly colored lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruits. Try these simple ideas to add a citrus flair to your party:
- Decorate with fruit- use as place cards, a vase filler or in a DIY Fruit Garland.
- Include a few citrusy items on your menu such as lemon cupcakes, a cocktail or a salad.
- Send your guests home with a jar of (easy to make) DIY Lemon Sugar Scrub.
Tropical Chic Bridal Shower Theme
In case you haven’t noticed flamingos and pineapples are all the rage this year making this one of the top bridal shower themes this summer. This would make an excellent theme for a co-ed wedding shower if you want to include the guys in the celebration. These fun ideas will add an island vibe to your event:
- Use your backyard to decorate- use leaves as place cards or a decorative accent.
- Serve a tropical themed menu- coconut rum punch, pineapple salsa, watermelon on a stick.
- Spray paint pineapples gold to add a little glam to your otherwise brightly colored event.
- Simple vanilla frosted cupcakes topped with dried pineapple slices which look like flowers.
Marvelous Marble Bridal Shower Theme
A marble themed bridal shower is a lovely choice for the sophisticated bride-to-be. This theme is more understated than the others as neutral colors come alive with a pop of copper or rose gold. These pretty ideas will keep your party classy:
- Marble tiles used as place cards which also double as a paperweight- a nice party favor for guests to take home.
- Unique, hexagon shaped paper dinnerware which adds a modern, geometric flair to your table.
- Marbled paper accents such as the invitation or the gigantic heart wall décor.
- A sparkling rosè cocktail which coordinates beautifully with the pops of copper or rose gold.
We hope these help get you started on your way to planning a fun and memorable bridal shower. For more summery food and decor ideas head over to our Pinterest boards: Summer Bridal Shower Inspiration and Summer Shower Recipes.
And don’t forget to refer your guests to RegistryFinder.com where they can find all of the happy couple’s wedding gift registries in one place!