You may not have considered adding home décor items to your wedding registry, but we’ve found ten of them that are sure to change your mind about that!
While it’s not typical to see home décor items on a wedding registry, they’re far from forbidden, and they can be an excellent addition to your own registry! When my husband and I started our registry at Macy’s last year, we were quickly drawn to the areas filled with pillows and blankets, vases and countertop display items, and home accents we were in love with at first sight. Our registry stylist encouraged us to follow our hearts, and we wound up receiving some of our favorite pieces of home décor as wedding gifts.
Macy’s has long been one of RegistryFinder.com’s go-to department store for so many of our favorite wedding registry items, and it’s easy to see why. With such a wide variety of items and options, and their helpful sales staff always at the ready for any question or concern, it’s a one-stop shop for all of life’s milestones. Keep reading to find out our tried-and-true favorites alongside new products we know you’ll love.
- Photo Frames | Keep your favorite snapshots on display in any room with a variety of photo frames for walls and surfaces. You know you’ll want to frame at least a few wedding photos while you’re at it!
- Bookends | If you’re a couple who shares a love of literature, there’s a good chance you’ve got plenty of books to show for it. Add a set of funky bookends to your wedding registry for a decorative display.
- Statement Vase | Floral arrangements always look better in a vase, and it’s fun to keep a few that don’t leave the beauty completely to the flowers. I love the way a fun and colorful vase perks up even a completely-green bouquet!
- Floating Shelves | For couples limited on storage space, adding a set (or a few) of floating shelves to your wedding registry can make a huge difference in your home.
- Oversized Cozy Throw Blanket | Every house needs at least one giant blanket to wrap up in and get cozy on the couch, and you can’t go wrong when you add any of Macy’s faux fur throws to your wedding registry.
- Flooring | Macy’s really does have it all, including easy to apply, peel and stick floor tiles that will bring any room to life with bold patterns.
- Bar Cart | You can’t go wrong with home décor that serves an important function, and a bar cart does exactly that. Add one to your wedding registry and guarantee that your favorite libations will always be ready for any occasion.
- Lighting | Your wedding registry might benefit from a few lamps. Floor lamps can bring more warmth to a room than overhead lighting, plus they double as décor that reflects your personal style as a couple.
- Storage & Organization | Keep things organized, tidy, and right where you want them when you add organizational items to your registry. From matching baskets for the pantry to decorative bins, Macy’s has you covered.
- Wall Art | Are there any areas in your home that could use a pop of art? Consider adding decorative wall pieces to your wedding registry—they can really bring a room together!
Dream Registry Gifts
Some of these items may seem like really big gifts for one of your wedding guests to purchase. Don’t let that discourage you from including them on your registry. You may not receive your bar cart or your dream wall art, but you can always use your registry completion discount to purchase it after your wedding.
Macy’s also has a really great program called the Dream Fund– which allows guests to contribute to a Macy’s gift card on your registry that can be used towards anything you’d like. Be sure to check it out!
-Written by Brittney Winters-Gullo, who always loves a great excuse to refresh a home’s interior for any occasion.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. The ideas are ours, but we may be compensated if you make a purchase by clicking on one of the links. Thanks for your support!