I’ve always loved beautiful dinnerware, serving pieces, and crystal. Maybe that’s because my grandmother, who collected china and crocheted her own placemats, taught me how to properly set a table before I learned how to read! So when the time came for me to create my wedding registry and select place settings and table accessories, I was a combination of excited and overwhelmed. Where do I begin? How do I put a cohesive “look” together? And what do I even want my “look” to be?
Looking back, I honestly wish I could have a do-over on my registry. Like many brides, I felt the need to be “practical,” and registered for basic pieces that, in retrospect, are rather plain.
So I consider this blog post my virtual do-over, and a gift to brides creating their registries: I’ve combed through Macy’s extensive dining collection to put together five different table setting styles, ranging from rustic to modern. Because Macy’s offers the best brands AND deals, it’s the perfect place to find looks in every style and price point!
I hope you’ll see a table you love, and start adding items to your registry! And if you were married long ago, consider this permission for a do-over!
Table #1: Rustic Warmth
There’s something I love about the combination of warm woods and bright whites. I can imagine gathering around a table set with these beautiful pieces and enjoying a comforting meal and lively conversation. If you and your fiancé favor a more casual, relaxed vibe, then a rustic table might be right for you!
- The Cellar Acacia Wood 3 Piece Salad Set, on sale for $64.99
- Michael Aram Butterfly Ginkgo Set of 2 Candle Holders, $290
- Lenox Tuscany All-Purpose Glasses, Set of 4, on sale for $39.99
- kate spade new york Dinnerware, Fair Harbor White Truffle Large Pitcher, $80
- Michael Aram Wheat Collection Cake Stand, $295
- Hotel Collection Linen Modern Natural Placemat, on sale for $12.99
- Noritake Serveware, Kona Wood Charger, on sale for $17.99
- The Cellar Whiteware Coupe Collection, $4.99 – 62.99
- A. Henckels Zwilling TWIN® Brand Opus 18/10 Stainless Steel 45-Pc. Flatware Set, Service for 8, on sale for $99.99
Table #2: Timeless Classics
Do you love to entertain elegantly? Do you tend to favor the classics rather than the latest trends? If so, go with a timeless table: think neutral shades like white and gold, and lots and lots of crystal! Each chic piece is a future family heirloom!
- Marquis by Waterford Sparkle Vase, on sale for $39.99
- Waterford Serveware, Lismore Footed Cake Plate, $235
- Vera Wang Wedgwood Gilded Weave Gold Dinnerware Collection, $19-$215
- Waterford Stemware, Lismore Tall Goblet, $75
- Waterford Serveware, Lismore Pitcher, $250
- Waterford Set of 4 Classic Napkins, on sale for $59.99
- A. Henckels Zwilling TWIN® Brand Angelico 18/10 Stainless Steel 45-Pc. Flatware Set, Service for 8, on sale for $99.99
- Marquis by Waterford Treviso Candlestick, 10″ Pair, $99
Table #3: Modern Elegance
If sleek and sophisticated describe your style, then this modern table is for you! I love the mix of black and white, with some metallic and crystal thrown into the mix.
- Nambé Set of 2 Aquila Candlesticks, $150
- Lenox Barware, Tuscany Classics Pierced Pitcher, on sale for $39.99
- Chilewich Vinyl Pebble Placemat, on sale for $7.99
- kate spade new york Parker Place 5 Piece Place Setting, $139
- Mikasa Palazzo Crystal Vase 12″, on sale for $39.99
- Michael Aram New Molten Cake Stand, $195
- Waterford Set of 4 Classic Napkins, on sale for $59.99
- Nambé 10″ Handled Bowl, $99
- kate spade new york Tompkins Street 5 Piece Place Setting, $70
Table #4: Coastal Charm
If your dream house is a beach house, why not set a coastal table every day, no matter where you currently live? These gorgeous pieces evoke the ocean in both color and texture: look closely for coral, sea urchins, shells, and even a wavy texture on the flatware!
- Heart of Haiti Coin Shaped Vase with Cord, on sale for $35.99
- Michael Aram Ocean Coral Large Platter, $200
- Michael Aram Ocean Coral Large Serving Bowl, $250
- Michael Aram Ocean Coral Set of 2 Servers, $70
- Gorham Flatware 18/10, Biscayne 65 Pc Set, Service for 12, on sale for $149.99
- Michael Aram MADHOUSE by Ocean Melamine Coral Dinner Plate, $13
- Fitz and Floyd Cape Coral Collection 4-Pc. Assorted Shell Bowl Set, $31.99
- Portmeirion Serveware, Sophie Conran Celadon Medium Pitcher, $23.99
- Michael Aram Ocean Sea Urchin Platter, $150
- Mikasa Savona Teal Collection, on sale for $69.99-79.99
- Lenox French Perle Placemat & Napkin Collection, $4.99-$5.99
- Villeroy & Boch Drinkware, Boston Claret, on sale for $15.99
Table #5: Bold and Bright
As the wineglass says, “Stay Fancy,” with these gorgeous pieces that are sure to be conversation starters at your next dinner party! I love the idea of mixing patterns and colors to create a table that sets the stage for a fun evening!
- Kate Spade New York Larabee Road Oval Platter, $210
- kate spade new york Food for Thought Collection $9 – $16
- kate spade new york, Hopscotch Drive Navy 4-Piece Place Setting, $80
- kate spade new york Rose Bowl Vase, $75
- Martha Stewart Collection Jadeite Cake Stand with Dome, on sale for $74.99
- kate spade new york New Food For Thought Table Linens, Striped Napkin, $9
- kate spade new york Larabee Dot 5-Piece Gold Place Setting Flatware, $67
- Easy, Tiger Easy Tiger Stay Fancy Wine Glass, $14
Ready to set your table in style? Macy’s is your go-to spot to get started! There are so many reasons to love Macy’s, but one of my favorites is their Registry Advisor program. When you set up a Macy’s registry, you get one-on-one help from your very own registry expert, who can help you create a registry that’s perfect for your life and style. Book an appointment online or visit your local store for more details!
–Written by Christina Peterson, who has a dream that someday, everyone who sits at a round table will know which glass is theirs.