Aside from receiving gifts on your wedding day, proper wedding etiquette requires that you give a few gifts, too.
You may already be aware of the fact that the bride and groom generally give gifts to members of their wedding party as a thank you. But, by just giving gifts to your wedding party, you may be overlooking some very key people in your life or who have been a major asset to successfully planning your wedding.
To put your most gracious foot forward, we have assembled a full list of people you may want to consider gifting on, or in association with, your wedding day. While this list may seem long (and we aren’t suggesting that you give gifts to everyone on it), your wedding is the perfect time to show your appreciation to those who deserve it.
- Each Other – The bride and groom traditionally get gifts for each other
- Parents and Stepparents (or other family members who stepped into these roles)
- Maid of Honor / Bridesmaids / Junior Bridesmaids
- Best Man / Groomsmen / Ushers
- Flower Girls / Ring Bearers
- Children of the Bride / Groom
- Guests (wedding favors)
List of other people to consider:
- Special Helpers – Any relative or friend who helped you with the wedding planning (i.e. allowed you to use their car, their house, or helped you score a major with your caterer)
- Those who Performed Readings at your Wedding (or served in some other role)
- Hosts / Hostesses of Parties & Showers
- Welcome Baskets for Out of Town Guests or Destination Wedding Attendees
How to choose what to gifts to give
In case you missed it, recently we put together two blog posts on finding the perfect gifts for your wedding party:
In order to ease the anxiety of gifting giving, we turned to Macy’s to find a selection of thoughtful gifts for those outside the immediate wedding party.
Here’s a collection of suggested gifts for all the other people who have assisted you with your nuptials.
Looking for more inspiration?
Jump on over to Macy’s Gift Giving Guide. They have a large selection of thank you gifts for you to choose from.
Also, check out our Pinterest page, it’s full of awesome inspiration on all things related to weddings!