While summer and fall may feel like the time you’re attending all your friends’ bridal showers and weddings, the truth is that weddings and showers happen all throughout the year.
It’s easy to think up a cute and creative bridal shower in July or October, but what about the dreary winter months of January or February? With our tips, we believe it’s possible to throw a creative and thoughtful shower no matter what time of year the wedding will fall in.
We’ve combined some of our best themes, invitations, games, and menu ideas all into one post just for you. You can also find all of these ideas over on our Pinterest board. Scroll through until you find the month you need and then get to planning! We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
January Bridal Shower Ideas
- This sparkly invitation from Etsy seller PaperHeartCompany is the perfect way to celebrate all the beautiful parts of winter.
- Warm up with a hot cocoa bar at this festive bridal shower. Get creative with toppings like Heath bar bits, peppermint, or raspberry syrup.
- Have guests hang wishes to the new bride and groom on a shimmering wishing tree.
- Keep centerpieces simple yet glittering. A silver runner topped with votive candles will cast a beautiful wintry glow on your event.
February Bridal Shower Ideas
- Give an ode to the month’s classic holiday by hosting a Valentine’s Day themed shower. It’ll be easy to celebrate LOVE with hearts floating all around, like the ones found on this perfect Valentine’s invitation from Etsy seller JMCustomInvites.
- It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without copious amounts of chocolate and roses. Pick up some assorted chocolates and chocolate-dipped strawberries to arrange a chocolate dessert bar. Run vases of red and pink roses down your tables as the centerpieces. We love the simple and sweet look of these heart-shaped tea sandwiches. Pair with a large colorful salad and pitchers of sweet tea, and you’ll have a beautiful Valentine’s party spread.
- Spread the love with some fun game from Etsy seller CraftPixelPrintables.
March Bridal Shower Ideas
- Celebrating the Irish bride-to-be in your life? Consider throwing a “Lucky in Love” themed bridal shower this March. Check out these adorable green shamrock shower invitations from Etsy seller BohemianWoods, and don’t forget to ask guests to dress in green!
- Keep the green theme going with some cucumber, mint, and lime-infused water set up in a pretty clear water dispenser to let those organic green colors shine. Or try this green apple mojito recipe!
- Green and white hydrangea with some white roses makes understated and lovely floral arrangements throughout your shower space.
- Play a lucky round of “He Said, She Said” with these cute printable game sheets from Etsy. Guests will have a good laugh and learn more about the couple’s “Lucky in Love” story.
April Bridal Shower Ideas
- April showers can bring more than just May flowers. What about throwing an April showers themed bridal shower? A sweet umbrella invitation will have your guests so excited about celebrating your spring bride-to-be.
- Pick up a few cute umbrellas and hang them upside down from the ceiling. Fresh spring flowers inside cute rain boots will make the perfect centerpiece underneath!
- Any rainy spring day calls for a mimosa bar! Set up your drink station with champagne, a variety of fruit juices and chopped fruit toppings.
May Bridal Shower Ideas
- Have a shabby chic bride in your life? Start planning a vintage-inspired spring bridal shower for her! Invite guests with this printable invitation from Etsy seller MintyPaperieShop.
- Decorating for a shower has never been easier. Pick up assortments of springtime wildflowers from your favorite florist and use pieces like old mirrors, silver tea kettles, vintage tea cups, and classic watering cans to display all your decor and food.
- Ask guests to share their best date night ideas for the soon-to-be newlyweds. Some of our favorite ideas include a living room campout, stargazing, and taking dance lessons.
- A classy breakfast spread is perfect for celebrating at this vintage springtime shower. Cook up mini pancakes, set up a yogurt parfait bar, and order some mini muffins. Serve it all on silver platters!
June Bridal Shower Ideas
- Kick off the summer with a sweet travel-inspired shower for your globetrotting bride. We love these whimsical travel-themed invitations from Etsy seller BlueBunnyPrintables.
- Transform your event space with globes, vintage suitcases, and world maps. Accent these pieces with bouquets of wildflowers and quotes like, “You’re my Greatest Adventure!”.
- “I Love You Around the World” is the perfect game to pair with your travel-themed shower. Guests will match which language they think the “I Love You’s” on the left side of the page are from. The guest with the most matches wins!
- Pick a few destinations from around the world, such as Italy, Mexico, China, or the Middle East, then plan your menu around these countries. Create stations filled with each country’s most popular food, such as antipasto salad, mini street tacos, egg rolls, and a hummus and olive tray.
- Check out this post for more Travel themed ideas!
July Bridal Shower Ideas
- It only seems fitting to throw an Americana-themed bridal shower during America’s birthday month! This is a great month to host a co-ed shower with a backyard BBQ theme and red, white, and blue everything. We love this invitation from MolsDesigns to set the tone for this summertime soiree.
- Throwing a 4th of July-themed bridal shower means food will be a walk in the park. Elevate an American classic with a build-your-own-hot dog bar. Display watermelon all around the party in galvanized serveware, like this tiered tower. Let the cake be the main attraction by covering it with strawberries, blueberries, and lots of whipped cream.
- Keep the fireworks alive with this adorable banner from Etsy seller, WineCountryBanners. You can personalize it with the bride’s wedding date!
- Simple blue bottles filled with red and white flowers can act as beautiful tablescapes and accents on the food and gift tables.
August Bridal Shower Ideas
- You can’t let summer end without a full-on fiesta. For that taco-loving bride in your life, start planning an August bridal shower with all the bright colors, chips, salsa, and mini margaritas her heart desires! This fiesta invitation by PixelPerfectionParty festive way to ask guests to attend the shower.
- Hot pink flowers, cacti, succulents, gold accents, and paper flag banners are the best way to usher in the fiesta vibe while still keeping this shower a classy and bridal affair.
- Put together a self-serve burrito bar with everyone’s favorite toppings, like guacamole, salsa, rice, and beans.
- Mix up a pitcher of margaritas and have guests serve themselves at a festive “Bebidas” (or “drinks”) bar.
September Bridal Shower Ideas
- As summer fades to fall, consider throwing a preppy bridal shower. Incorporate all the end-of-summer bright colors and bold stripe patterns. Any preppy bride needs a good monogram on her invitation, like the one on this invite from SimplySocialDesigns.
- Combine black and white stripes with bright flowers, and you’ve got a recipe for a beautiful preppy tablescape!
- Mixing patterns for a sweet and preppy cake is a must for this bridal shower!
- Keep the monograms coming at this shower. Send guests home with the bride and groom’s monogram on a delicious cookie like this one!
October Bridal Shower Ideas
- Fall in love with a pumpkin-themed bridal shower during the month of October. These invitations from Etsy seller, FancyPaperieShop put a neutral spin on classic fall decor and design.
- Keep the colors for this shower muted and neutral. Pick up white pumpkins, mixed greenery, and pale pink and cream flowers to create a gorgeous table runner like this one.
- An October bridal shower calls for a delicious fall-inspired cocktail. Mix up a batch of this Autumn Apple Spice drink to give your guests a taste of fall.
- Ask guests to share their best newlywed advice with the bride-to-be. They can write their advice on these adorable cards, and then you can collect them in a pretty box or binder for the bride to read through later.
- For more fall-inspired ideas, check out our Top 10 Fall Bridal Shower Ideas and “Fall in Love” Bridal Shower Menu & Decor posts.
November Bridal Shower Ideas
- The bride-to-be in your life has a lot to be thankful for as she looks forward to forever with the love of her life. Celebrate all those blessings at a rustic, autumn-themed shower.
- Create an apple cider and donut station for guests to enjoy.
- A DIY chili bar can be the main attraction of this shower. Put out the best toppings and decorate with hay bales and pumpkins.
- The holidays are a great time to remember family traditions. Start the bride and groom off on the right foot by asking guests to share their favorite family traditions at the shower.
- Gather fall florals, pomegranates, and candlesticks to create the centerpieces for this fall shower. Consider adding in cornucopias and berries to accent as well.
December Bridal Shower Ideas
- The holidays can start to feel busy, especially if you know a bride planning a wedding, so consider doing a December brunch shower. Invite guests for a Christmas-themed brunch and bubbly party, and do it in style with this invitation from Etsy seller, ForeverYourPrints.
- Chances are, your home will already be decorated for Christmas, so there is no need to reinvent the wheel for this shower. Add a plaid table runner and some winter blooms and berry arrangements in wooden boxes to bring a festive elegance to the shower space.
- Your Christmas brunch menu should definitely include fun options like this Christmas tree of donut holes, mini french toast sticks, and mini chicken and waffles. Create a hot chocolate station for a cozy cup of sweetness.
- For more beautiful Winter Bridal Shower ideas, check out our blog post, Five Winter Wedding Shower Themes You’ll Love.
Bridal Shower Planning Made Simple
Bridal shower planning doesn’t have to be hard, especially with the help of our Registry Finder Give It. Blog. We have party ideas for every season that will make you the hostess with the mostest! Your guests will have it easy too, by finding all the bride’s registries in one spot at RegistryFinder.com.
Featured Image Courtesy of Mocha Rose Floral and Event Design.